Plan and Rates

Friday, December 27, 2013

There are a Multitude of Reasons I Workout Outside

This is a shot of a tree that my daughter and I noticed while we were out walking our big yellow lab ... all getting some much needed exercise.
And this I noticed while out on a bike ride around Pt. San Pedro.  Wonder who is responsible for this awesome holiday float. I checked my peeps out there and no one is copping to it.
A good friend of mine is in town for the holidays.  We grew up together ... here ... and we ride whenever we can.  We rode up the Skywalker trail in Lucas Valley, four of us in all.  At the top Puppster said, "let's go up to that grove of Oak trees.  I always imagined I would see a mountain lion lounging in the sun in the big branches ... if I were ever to see a mountain lion."

Well, Pete the Puma was definitely not lounging in the branches.  But as we were chatting and taking in the beautiful view, I noticed some motion on the fire road to my left, their right.  And, yup, a big ole kitty was just strolling along the dirt road.  Now that is my third sighting in the same general area over as many years, likely the same kitty given my minimal knowledge of their hunting area and whatnot.

The theme, the point, you may be asking.  Well, simple really; I assure you it would be impossible to see the wonderful colors of nature on a tree, an heartfelt expression of the holiday spirit on the bay, and a big ole bad a** kitty cat in a gymnasium.  Those things can only be found out of doors.

We live in Marin.  I have been around the block and I assure you we live in one of the more special places on the planet.

If you are not getting the most out of where you reside, out of what you eat and what you do in your "spare" time, look us up.  We will not only open your lungs, your legs, a dormant part of you that should be regimen, life, we will also open your eyes to the beauty that surrounds you every day.

Contact us if you are interested.  A month with us costs less than a week of trendy coffee drinks.  It's better for you and those around you.  And eyes wide open are way better than eyes wide shut.

Best,

J

420wear [at] gmail dot com

No comments:

Post a Comment