Plan and Rates

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Do You Drink Enough Water?

Do you drink enough water each day?  Sure the amount varies for everyone and there are no "true", stick to it numbers but the chart above is a good place to start.

I have this cat I race cyclocross (video below for those who don't what this discipline is) with and his mantra is drink "lits of izer", which translates in to drinks "lots of water".  He is right. Staying hydrated is the best place to start on your new lifestyle.  Water is the one of the only things we humans should drink: coffee and green tea being the other two.

Well, I am off to go for an hour and a half recovery spin soon.  Time to stretch out the legs a bit before the boys and I go for a Tuesday Bo Ridge mountain bike rip.  Sure, I will be riding longish and slow tomorrow as well, but today and Tuesday are my focus.  The recent spate of short and difficult mountain bike rides have my legs screaming at me for some spinning - that is high revolution, low resistance - and some active recovery.

Keep a look out for the next post.  I will give you the breakdown of my day, diet and exercise, and show the ins and outs of caloric intake and expenditure.

Enjoy the day ... Get outside.

Best,

J

No comments:

Post a Comment